03-15-2019 01:05 AM
03-15-2019 03:02 PM
HP Support Assistant may benefit by being removed and then reinstalled.
There may not be any Updates for your computer.
Open Software and Driver Website Support > Expand the list (click tiny boxes with + inside the box)
There are only seven "recent" updates and these are all from last year (2018 at this writing).
The most recent of these is the BIOS for Nov. 8, 2018 - and the HPSA should NOT be used to update the BIOS anyway, so this one does not even "count".
If you like, completely remove the HP Support Assistant using "complete cleanup", Restart the computer and log in, Download and install a fresh copy of the HP Support Assistant.
- Even if the process is successful, you may not see any updates for the reasons mentioned earlier.
- For many people / computers / situations, the HPSA does work as expected - for others, the program may not work no matter what you do to it. Reasons vary - server issues, network blocks / slow, no updates, problems in the File System, broken links, missing data files...
Procedure Details - HP Support Assistant – Remove and Install
Read sections, then decide how to proceed.
Do NOT use the HPSA to update the BIOS.
Remove the existing version of HPSA
Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant
After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in
If the software will not uninstall, appears to be removed and then shows up again, or is otherwise not “going away” when you tell it to do so, try an Uninstaller program.
For "complete cleanup” of the old version of the HP Support Assistant:
- When / If asked whether you want to save any of the presets / personal HPSA information, respond to have your personal data associated with the program removed along with the HPSA software.
- HP Solutions Framework is a subset of HPSA.
- FIRST uninstall the HP Support Assistant
- Restart the computer
- Uninstall HP Solutions Framework software from Programs and Features
- Restart the computer and log in.
NOTE: Framework (re)installs with the HPSA
- After the software is uninstalled (and the computer is Restarted), check to ensure the software is actually “gone”.
Settings > Apps > Apps & features >
Scroll down the list, look for HP Support Assistant (and / or HP Support Solutions Framework)
If the stubborn software is found in the list, click and uninstall it, Restart and log in.
Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant
Website / Download
- If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator
- After the software is installed: Restart the computer and log in
Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen
Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"
Click open category HP Help and Support
Right-Click on HP Support Assistant > PIN to Start
Help for HPSA
Read and Learn about the HPSA software
If necessary, download and install your HP Software and Drivers manually
Section: Find driver updates on the HP website
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device
Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.