Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 340S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a newer laptop and just noticed that the HP support assistant on that laptop is showing the warranty as unknown.  What is really annoying is that I am signed into my HP account on that HPSA and when I go to my desktop computer it shows the proper warranty status for that laptop.  I have uninstalled HPSA and re-installed it on the laptop and still have the issue.  How do I get it to show the proper warranty status?

By the way the virtual assistant is complete garbage and not helpful at all.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LtlBear 

If you had not done so, Register your newer computer.

If necessary, you can submit a Dispute Warranty claim.

Know that the online database does not impact your actual Warranty.

Warranty Date can be adjusted.

The dispute process usually works, though the online results are rarely immediate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Warranty Check / Product Registration

• Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

• Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur,

I am not worried about getting a warranty claim right now.  As I mentioned in my original post the warranty shows correctly on another PC in HPSA.  It just will not show in the HPSA app on the laptop and I would like it to show there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.