Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

can not do anything for HP Support Assistant to have it uninstalled from my system so I need from HP to let me know how to get rid of the HP bloatware . the main issue was when the HP Support Assistant has asked me to update from v8 to v9 for more info refer to my own topic here 

and an question here why HP’s have remove the link for the HP Support Assistant version 8 from the HP’s devices supports pages ?

also I do not like the new ugly design of the HP Support Assistant version 9 so can we have the download link for v8 ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Gt-truth 

The HP Support Assistant can indeed be uninstalled - HPSA is not mandatory software on any system. 

Lots of people in the world live without HPSA installed on their computer(s).

• Uninstall HP Support Assistant from Programs and Features.
  • When asked (or the option appears on the menu), opt to remove your personal data along with the software.
  • Next, Uninstall the HP Solution Framework from Programs and Features.
  • Restart the computer and log in.

At this writing, Version 8.x is available.

NOTE to those reading: 

Version 8.x does not support Windows 1903 nor does it provide the support for Windows in "S" mode.

Information files:

sp93097.cva

sp93097.html

Executable Installation (software)

sp93097.exe

Even if the version will work on your version of Windows, know that you do have to complete uninstall the existing HPSA and its companion software (and Restart the computer) before you can try installing the older version.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

interesting information 🙂  but just a wondering why is HP Support Assistant software has not notify us for this that HP Support Assistant v8 is not supported by windows 10 version 1903 ?

how do I uninstall it if the HP Support Assistant isn’t listed in the Program and feature nor is listed in the app and feature ?

there is no HP Solution Framework either because It got quarantined by the adware scanner , I had to do this to trying to get rid of the HP Support Assistant because of that HP Support Assistant v9 has no uninstall.exe to uninstall it and not listed as in installed program either and that because of so many issue and bad design of the HP Support Assistant  itself

any download link for HP Solution Framework ?

HP Recommended

@Gt-truth 

Why?

I do not defend nor usually remark on HP websites, design decisions, documents, services, or policies - there is little point and I am not an employee of the company.   I support your option to voice your own opinion, of course.  Your comments, as long as they adhere to the HP Support Community: Rules of Participation are welcome on the community.

In general, what is supported, various changes, and information about the HP Support Assistant are provided on the

HP Support Assistant Website.   

Uninstalled?  Where is the software?

If HP Support Assistant is not listed in Programs and Features and you cannot find it in Apps and Features, then at some point, I would guess that a partial uninstall was attempted either manually or as a part of the software trying to update itself and then failing. 

Quarantined software

In general, if HP (or other software) is quarantined by your security software, I should think you can make the decision release the software from quarantined status.  If not, if the software - once quarantined - cannot be recovered, then yes - uninstalling the software might prove to be a challenge depending on what else is going on.

What to do?

I suggest you use third party software to remove the remnants of HPSA and / or the HP Solutions Framework.

There are several such "program removal" services available, most of which are benign (won't damage nor infect your computer).  I have long ago stopped recommending any tools of this type that are not known to me.  You may use what you wish - do follow your security protocol to protect yourself and your computer.

From Microsoft:

If the software will not uninstall, appears to be removed and then shows up again, or is otherwise not “going away” when you tell it to do so, try an Uninstaller program.

Microsoft:  Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

NOTES

• HP Support Assistant must be uninstalled (first) before you uninstall the Framework software.

Download for Solutions Framework?

HP Solutions Framework is integrated into the HP Support Assistant.  If / When you install the HP Support Assistant, the HP Solutions Framework will install with the HPSA.   Of course, if the Framework software is then immediately quarantined, nothing will work as expected.   

NOTES

• Consider removing (releasing) the Solutions Framework from quarantine to make it easier to uninstall the software.
  • Consider changing the security software settings to prevent quarantine before (re)installing HPSA.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thanks for your friendly reply though 

I understand you are not an employed of this forum but they should to proves assists/to helps to its users 🙂

and I’ve already tried so many 3party tools but hey they not able to removing files and folder created by HP Support Assistant

stubborn program like  HP Support Assistant with its files and folder can not be even deleted by using a 3party software/tools refer to my reply here

and Microsoft fix tool is not work for me and not even display the HP Support Assistant in list of the its own .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.