Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-31-2020 06:17 PM - edited 08-31-2020 08:35 PM
I recently reset my PC last week in a rush to set it up during the break from getting things done, after which I started going to HP Support Assistant to get things back to the way it used to be set. But as soon as I signed myself in within the program itself, there showed up a login error saying that either my credentials are invalid or the service isn't available. To me, my credentials were okay but it's probably because the service itself is no longer available. So I decided to uninstall HPSA from, and reinstall it to, my computer to the latest version to see if this issue is resolved. However, as soon as I open it up after reinstalling it, it suddenly closed back out on me very disappointingly in less than a second (which is exactly a very significant problem that I decided to report to you). So I tried to find a way to open it back up working again through these steps (all of which do me no good at all, though):
1. I tried opening it up multiple times and it still doesn't work.
2. I ran the program troubleshooter and tested it out to see if it works fine but (because I found that that troubleshooter is very dumb) it doesn't work either when I open it back up.
3. I then uninstalled and reinstalled HPSA to the latest version again but, when I open it up again, still doesn't work.
4. I tried restarting my PC and tried reopening it up afterwards but it still doesn't work either.
5. I then tried adjusting security settings (e.g. firewall) for HPSA for it to work some more, but that still doesn't help either.
6. And lastly, I went online for help fixing the problem saying "Cannot open HP Support Assistant", but the only resolution to that problem is to a system restore and nothing else and it turns out that I don't have enough restore points for this PC since it's reset, so, for the very last time, even this final solution still does not seem to work for me either.
So sadly (and more honestly), absolutely no other solution to this whole HPSA-not-opening problem will ever, even now, work for me and thus fit my needs whatsoever. That's definitely why I'm totally desirous for extra help in fixing this problem!
Thanks in advance.
09-03-2020 02:56 PM
@nicholasopuni31 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are facing issues with HP support assistance.
Please uninstall the HP support assistance from the control panel.
Install the latest version.
Please refer to the below link to more troubleshoot the issue.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
09-11-2020 01:51 PM
As mentioned, neither option is the solution to this problem causing the app itself to close out immediately for no reason. I just reset my computer recently and with the HPSA app installed afterward, it started closing itself out in a split second after being opened, making me feel like there are no restore points of the HPSA installation at that moment. So, no strings attatched, absolutely neither solution to this problem will ever fit my needs thus making it become worthless.
09-12-2020 02:26 AM
I recommend you create a new user account on the computer following the steps in the below article and then install the HP support assistant and check whether it is working fine on the new user account.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
I am an HP Employee