Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy aq0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a BIOS update hp support assistant was gone from windows. I downloaded the latest version from the website but it says a newer version is already installed. I have deleted all remmnants from appdata and program files so im not sure where the newer installation is

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Albrch go to web browser and copy this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  and click on laptop and enter the serial no and product no . if u do not know ur product just click on let hp detect ur product or check in the box for ur serial no and product no and go to software solutions u shall find "HP support assistant

HP Recommended

Hi there, I dont have a problem downloading the setup file but when i run it it comes up with "a newer version of HP support assistant is installed" although I do not have any other version installed. I have checked both "programs and features" and the C: drive in users-appdata, program files, program files 86 and program data.

Thanks Jack

HP Recommended

just do factory reset by choosing the deleting all the apps and by keeping the files

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.