Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360 1030 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

some days ago, i wanted to install HP Sure Sense, but during the installation an error occured and the installation was aborted.

as a result i got an incomplete installation. some files were copied  (C:\Programs\HP Sure Sense) and some services are actually running, but i cant start any UI (startmenu-shortcut is like empty / no target file). also,  the software is not registred under windows > programs and features and i cant find any uninstaller.exe to remove the corrupted installation...

when i try to reinstall / overwrite with the HP softpaq (sp111577.exe), i get the following error:

sure sense - error during re-installation.jpg

processes / services and the program files itself are protected by "nt authority \ system", so i cant event remove them manually (which i also dont want to do, without knowing exactly how).

btw; i run SOPHOS Core Agent, SOPHOS Endpoint Advanced and SOPHOS Intercept X, if this is helpful information...

could you please tell me any solution to get rid of the corrupted HP Sure Sense installation? possible to get the missing uninstaller.exe from somewhere, to try to uninstall the software regularly? Any other advise?

thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try to execute command "DeepUninstaller /U" in the folder "\Program Files\HP Sure Sense" as administrator

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and tried to fix it this way. Bute there ist no Deepuninstaller in the Folder \Program Files\HP Sure Sense

Any idea what to try next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.