Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0000nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i'm new on this forum, and I'm not English, so sorry if you don't understand everything.

I have a problem with my HP Omen 15-dc0000nf, my Omen button to open Omen Command Center, doesn't work. FN+ESC to open System Informations doesn't work too. FN+WINDOWS+PRINT SCREEN to take screenshots doesn't work too. So I did some research, and found that it's because of HP System Event Utility.

I found a solution for my problem even if it's a bit annoying. I noticed that HP System Event Utility doesn't work UNTIL I start it manually by searching it in search bar, then when I start it, it opens the System Information tab, and when I close this tab, everything works. (Omen button, and FN key combinations).

I would like to know if it's possible to make it work "everytime", so I don't need to start it manually every time I restart my laptop. (because yes, when I turn off my laptop, I have to do the same thing every time I turn it on again)

I hope you'll be able to help me,

BlobYTB.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BlobYTB

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can uninstall it and then download it from Microsoft store.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.