Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I would like to re-open this post as a question. I turned on my computer this morning and noticed some heavy CPU usage and found out that it was the HP TouchPoint Analytics Client. I think this is the first that I have noticed this, but it has been running at about 75% CPU usage for more than an hour now. I can't seem to find much information on this, but it appears to be something for businesses that I probably don't need on my computer. I'm wondering if I should just uninstall it. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @sidney1994,

HP's response to what Touchpoint Analytics is:

HP Touchpoint Analytics is a service we have offered since 2014 as part of HP Support Assistant. It collects diagnostic information about hardware performance that is used anonymously. No data is shared with HP unless access is expressly granted. Customers can opt-out or uninstall the service at any time.

HP Touchpoint Analytics was recently updated and there were no changes to privacy settings as part of this update. We take customer privacy very seriously and act in accordance with our Privacy Statement, available here.

Since it's not the most essential thing, here's a guide on uninstalling HP Touchpoint Analytics: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/tainstaller-exe-hp-touchpoint-analytics-installer

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @sidney1994,

HP's response to what Touchpoint Analytics is:

HP Touchpoint Analytics is a service we have offered since 2014 as part of HP Support Assistant. It collects diagnostic information about hardware performance that is used anonymously. No data is shared with HP unless access is expressly granted. Customers can opt-out or uninstall the service at any time.

HP Touchpoint Analytics was recently updated and there were no changes to privacy settings as part of this update. We take customer privacy very seriously and act in accordance with our Privacy Statement, available here.

Since it's not the most essential thing, here's a guide on uninstalling HP Touchpoint Analytics: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/tainstaller-exe-hp-touchpoint-analytics-installer

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. It may have been a one-time thing, but if I notice it again causing me problems, I will use your uninstall link. For now, it seems that it has done what it needed to do, and I don't see it running anymore. Thanks also for the HP explanation because I couldn't seem to find anything that told me what it was for.

HP Recommended

Happy to be of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.