Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6460ee
Microsoft Windows Vista

Dear friends,

I am geting an update notice from HP Update to download " HP Update Software Utility " but it fails to download. Can someone help me with this matter? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MahmoodJ

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to download the HP update software utility. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Download and install HP Support Assistance to keep the HP Product updated with drivers and software automatically.

Click here and refer the document to know how to use the software.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The solution you provided does not function for windows Vista but 7 and higher.

HP Recommended

Hello @MahmoodJ

Windows Vista came to its "end of life" for support with Microsoft in April 2017.

The HP UPdate Software Utility was replaced with the HP Support Assistant (HPSA).

The HPSA isnt going to support Vista and there haven't been any updates for your Computer since 2010, so any update utility will be useless anyway. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Just know that connecting to the internet with that machine will not be secure, compared to later versions of Windows, since there are no more updates from Microsoft or HP.  I'm sorry.

HP Recommended

What is the best way to upgrade my Windows Vista 32-bit OS to Windows 7?

I understand that after paying for the W7 upgrade I can upgrade to W10 for free. Is that correct also? 

Your response is much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Microsoft doesn't offer either of those services anymore. You would have to look for a copy of Windows 7 from a 3rd party seller somewhere and install it. But MS doesn't offer free upgrades to 10 now. You would have to buy a copy of that also.

HP does not support Windows 7 or 10 drivers on that old machine, so you would have to take your chances with the upgrade.

Windows 7 will be obsolete in 2020 as MS announced it end of support then.

Personally, I would not recommend spending any money on that old Vista system. Use it towards a new machine if possible.

Hope it helps.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

did the download and re-installed but the HP software update utility still does not work !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.