Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a pop up while I was away from my desk, tiny block with the box title "HP Update", the text says "Access is Denied" the task manager properties says UP UPdate Client, but there is no information on the update client on HP.com, or this error.

Any recomendations?

HP Update, Access is denied.HP Update, Access is denied.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DavePeaslee

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are getting a pop up HP Update "Access is denied" and this issue just started.

I'll try my best to help.

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the HP Support Assistance from your computer.

To uninstall HP Support Assistant, 

1. In Windows, search for and open change or remove a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click the Uninstall button.

3. Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted

NOTE: If HP Support Assistant is not listed or does not uninstall correctly, install the latest HP Support Assistant version without uninstalling the old version. After HP Support Assistant is installed and working, repeat the uninstall steps.

4. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen for an uninstall with Yes selected
  5. Restart the computer to complete the process.

Then download the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://hp.care/2Ew95x3

1. Open the HPSA and Click My devices to see My PC. In this box, there are two options, Updates and Messages, both of which could require attention. You know attention is required if you see an exclamation mark.

Figure : My PC

My PC with Updates and Messages highlighted
  2. Click Updates if it has an exclamation mark next to it. If there is no exclamation mark next to Updates, skip to step 6.

3. From the Updates available section, check the boxes for all the updates, then click Download and install.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.