Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This works! So happy not see that annoying box at the startup ... YAY  :generic:  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

DLBurkhart ......

First of all, what??? 

@DLBurkhart wrote:

Hayleyscomett and everyone else:

I recommend looking up the replacement for HP 3D DriveGuard among the current drivers for your specific product number (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers). The original solution may only apply to a handful of HP models. Plus, I suspect HP Assist may pull from a cached list of drivers. Therefore, it might not get mistakes caught and corrected as often as a published database would.

Secondly ... The first thing I did was look up a replacement for the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for my specific product number after the suggested upgrade from HP Assist produced the error message after a restart. 

I've tried the one that HP Assist offered as an upgrade ..... didn't work, error message after restart.

Tried 3 other replacements (previous versions) at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers ..... didn't work, error message after restart.

After all that frustration, that's what led me here in the first place.

""The original solution may only apply to a handful of HP models. ""

My point remains the same.  What is being offered to "a handful of HP models" is NOT a solution, but merely a workaround.  

The latest 3D DriveGuard Software was released in October, it was an obvious update to whichever current one was being used on users pc. After installing said update, error message appeared.  Why would user want to roll back to a previous version when keeping software, drivers etc... current is important?? The only thing rolling back to a previous version resolves is preventing an error message upon startup. User still isn't able to use the current version which was obviously released because previous versions needed an update. 

Usually when a software update of any kind produces errors,  bugs or glitches another update rolls out to correct them. So that user HAS the most recent recommended version AND doesn't recieve errors. 

HP Recommended

@DLBurkhart wrote:

Out-of-Date Drivers

I checked through all of HP's software and drivers for my computer to find that nearly half were out-of-date (on the HP site, not my computer). Some were several versions and several years behind up-to-date versions.

I'm a bit old school and gun shy. Been around a long time and remember the Nvidia driver wars where there was a new version almost every other day and a third of them required booting into safe mode and hoping you could get rid of the bad drivers. To me? Honestly. Out of Date means nothing. Unless something's NOT functioning or some super new function has been added I've always been a hands off, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda guy. Unless they're talking major load reduction on the machine or amazing performance enhancements or plugging a security hole. New drivers are, as far as I'm concerned, not worth the bother. With research, downloads, uninstalling, reinstalling over and over I probably wasted two hours yesterday and today trying to solve this Accelorameter issue when the simpelest fix was to uninstall it and check the startup programs to make sure it's not getting called at reboot time. It just was and isn't worth it. The program as another user put it is a bandaid issue where stitches are required. I see the function of DrivrGuard like those little round bandaids that collect from box to box because they never get used.

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions and was able to uninstall HP 3D Guard.  Typed in link and it said it was downloaded, but when I go to apps, it is not listed.  Don't know if it was installed or not.  How do I find out if it installed?

HP Recommended

@Stephany wrote:

I followed the instructions and was able to uninstall HP 3D Guard.  Typed in link and it said it was downloaded, but when I go to apps, it is not listed.  Don't know if it was installed or not.  How do I find out if it installed?

First thing to remember is just downloading, saving a file to your PC, doesn't install it. You have to find where you downloaded the file, then double click on it to run it. It will then extract the setup files to c:\SWSETUP\sp##### the numbers being the service pack you downloaded. You'll need to find that directory in C:\SWSETUP go inside and run the setup.exe file to, hopefully, install a working copy of the 3D DriveGuard. You'll have to check a box to agree to the license agreement and the once again reboot your laptop to see if it worked.

I do wish you luck. Some people have had success right away. I've tried uninstalling and then installing three different, recommended versions of the software. I even used the HP site to find my exact PC and the list of available driver and software updates and the one HP says fixes compatibility issues with Windows 10 must be for a previous Windows 10 update. None of the three I tried worked and I eventually decided the slight benefit the program gives just wasn't worth the hassle. Plus, now it's one less thing running 24/7 on the computer. Best wishes!

HP Recommended

I have the HP Omen, getting exact same issue, tried the 3D Drive guard version from this thread and the one specifically for my model . None of them work and gave me same error message. As kblodg66 says just have to uninstall it and run laptop without it.

HP Recommended

ı do what you said but when ı restart the pc the same error mesage came out again what must ı do now ?

HP Recommended

@yigit_telli wrote:

ı do what you said but when ı restart the pc the same error mesage came out again what must ı do now ?

Well, if you've followed all the instructions making sure to unpack the service pack find and run the setup program after that. And then let it reboot. If you done all that you can either hunt around the internet looking for pointers to other HP service packs, I tried three, or uninstall the 3D DriveGuard. Personally I don't think the benefits of what the program does are worth running around uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting, over and over. I'm going to live without it. The choice, ultimately is up to you. You can try different fixes, you can wait for a new fix or you can say 'forget it' and do without. I can't choose for you.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help with this issue.

Regards!

HP Recommended

I have an Envy 17 n100. Since I got the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update I  got the same error message. I followed the instructions in the 2nd post, uninstalled the HP 3D DriveGuard software and after a reboot I installed the linked software.

I am still getting the same error message after every reboot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.