Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Alphen wrote:

Ah, this is exactly what went wrong with me. What SP82755 does is nothing more (and less) than suppress the message that there's an incomptability. I did look into it and there'it was: echoOFF (even twice).

So it was very simple (on my Pavilion 17-ab000 with the latest Win10 Fall Creators SW):

- uninstall any old HP 3D DriveGuard SW

- install SP81142 (gave me DriveGuard 6.0.41.1). This will still give the incomptabiity warning when rebooting.

- then download SP82755 (can be obtained by clicking see below) and install. The next time you reboot the message will most propably be gone.

Let's hope this means the 3D SW really works 😉 

For downloading SP82755:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05841987

Wait, if it's just suppressing the incompatibility message and another user reports the update didn't update the DriveGuard version that sounds like HP is putting a bandaid on bandaid. I'm standing by my recommendation to give up on this utility. It doesn't do enough and now it seems they're just hiding the incompatibility issues.

HP Recommended

I have looked at all eight pages on the posts concerning this subject having run a normal winows 10 update today and received an error message on startup inicating the hp accelerometer is incompatible with windows 10.  I have tried to access SP82755 but my computer just indicates the page is missing when I look for the relevant driver and release notes at the links given.  Any advice or ideas gratefully received.    

HP Recommended

@kblodg66 wrote:

Wait, if it's just suppressing the incompatibility message and another user reports the update didn't update the DriveGuard version that sounds like HP is putting a bandaid on bandaid. I'm standing by my recommendation to give up on this utility. It doesn't do enough and now it seems they're just hiding the incompatibility issues.

The DriveGuard app is in my apps list (after I took the steps described in myu earlier post) and I suppose its working allright. It may very well be that there's simply a line of code "somewhere" that the latest Windows 10 SW "didnot like" and resulted in the incompatibility error. It may not mean that the 3D Drive Guard is not working. Its goal is to detect a fall or another sudden movement and protect the HDD from damaging. Has really nothing to do with Windows itself. 

HP Recommended

@Alphen wrote:

@kblodg66 wrote:

The DriveGuard app is in my apps list (after I took the steps described in myu earlier post) and I suppose its working allright. It may very well be that there's simply a line of code "somewhere" that the latest Windows 10 SW "didnot like" and resulted in the incompatibility error. It may not mean that the 3D Drive Guard is not working. Its goal is to detect a fall or another sudden movement and protect the HDD from damaging. Has really nothing to do with Windows itself. 

Ok, i will do the same, trying to get the DriveGuard app back and see if it works.

Anyway, as other users wrote, HP Driveguard is just a safe tool for spinning HD, not a core app. Let's hope it work when needed (hope never).

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thank you, this worked on my Pavilion 14"  

HP Recommended

Hi all,  ok looked through all the responses concerning the windows 10 error message for the hp accelerometer and also the various updates applicable to the posts.  After the question I raised as I could not get the links to work I used my hp pavilion serial number to find all hp 3D driveguard updates that were recommended for my pc.  I selected the most recent recommended update for hp 3d driveguard downloaded and installed it with no problem.  This driver was older than SP82755 and as already noted in these posts the windows 10 incompatibility error message was still present after rebooting my hp pavilion i5.  The problem seems to lie with hp and the recommended updates that they list when you enter your pc serial number into their support system.  If the update SP82755 is the only one for hp 3D driveguard that works with windows 10 and it is compatible with all hp computers running this app it should be added to the recommended download lists for all relevant hp computers, allowing the update to be downloaded from the hp server it is held on correcting the problem.  When I pressed the link that one of the responses to this problem contained the reason I believe it did not work was the address it was looking for the download from started with ftp as opposed to resolving to a ip address and file location on the webserver? 

This is something that I believe hp can solve by ensuring they keep their update lists for their products up to date and relevant to new operating system updates.  Ok Windows 10 has had many compatibility issues with various software/apps over it's lifetime, but it is only hp who can issue the updates to resolve what is an issue generated as a result of changes Windows has made to the OS.  Parking this for now until there is a link to the correct update preferably from the hp support system for the pc.

All the help contained in this forum is excellent and much appreciated. 

HP Recommended

What is the purpose of HP 3D DriveGuard?  If we have to uninstall, do we really need to re-install?  

HP Recommended

@R-Income wrote:

What is the purpose of HP 3D DriveGuard?  If we have to uninstall, do we really need to re-install?  

The utility uses the built in accelerometer in the laptop to detect falls and drops and will perform a fast parking of your harddrive to prevent the heads from hitting the platters. This is of course only when your laptop is on. If it's powered down and closed the drive is already parked. I tried three suggested solution and even the one listed for my model/serial number failed to solve the issue. I've made the personal choice to live without it. The more I looked into what the program does the less I felt I needed it. All decisions are your own.

HP Recommended

Dose any have something that actually works? I have tried this 4 times and no luck I and still getting the stupid pop up stating that it does not work on this version of Windows. I up dated windows about 3 weeks ago. The HP support assisitant on my laptop had it as an up date so I up dated now it I keep getting this dam pop up stating its not compatible. Now I can not find it to uninstall. How do i find it? the comments here dont work,

Do i need it on my lap top?

Can I jus unistall it and go with out?

Please help as it is infuriating

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@Lostkiwi99 wrote:

Dose any have something that actually works? I have tried this 4 times and no luck I and still getting the stupid pop up stating that it does not work on this version of Windows. I up dated windows about 3 weeks ago. The HP support assisitant on my laptop had it as an up date so I up dated now it I keep getting this dam pop up stating its not compatible. Now I can not find it to uninstall. How do i find it? the comments here dont work,

Do i need it on my lap top?

Can I jus unistall it and go with out?

Please help as it is infuriating

Thanks in advance

You can most certainly live without it. It's not required or integral to the functioning of the machine. ALL it does is sit there and monitor your laptop for drops or fall. If it detects sudden movement it quickly parks the heads of your HD to keep them from slapping into the platters. I'm running without it and have no plans to even install it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.