Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I still have problems after running SP83846 : 

-  HP3d Drive Guard version 6.0.45.1 installed and no more "accelerometer not compatible with present Windows" pop up during boot

- HP Mobile data protection sensor driver still blocked (code 48) , version 5.2.1.1

- in Windows Mobility centre no sign of HDD

Anyone an idea ?

HP Probook 6570b / Windows10 Pro version 1709/ Windows update KB4048955 received

HP Recommended

@idh70 wrote:

Anyone an idea ?

Seriously. It's not worth all this hassle and frustration. How long until a fixed version gets broken by yet another incessant Windows update and we're back here looking for more solutions? From all the research I've done. This program is just something eating resources and probably won't save anything plus you should keep current backups of your important files.

HP Recommended

Sir,

I followed your instructions but the problem remains same..

kindly help me with it.

HP Recommended

@HaseebShk wrote:

Sir,

I followed your instructions but the problem remains same..

kindly help me with it.

If you've followed the instructions from this thread;

Uninstalled the existing 3D SmartGuard

Rebooted the computer

unpacked the download service pack

Found the folder in \windows\SWSETUP\sp##### where it extracted to

Gone into that new directory and run the install/setup file

Rebooted the computer

That's all the information on the process I know. Other than living without it, as I am, I have no other suggestions for you unless you want to call HP for support.

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly!  I wonder why HP Update didn't catch this.

HP Recommended

@SonOfSolomon wrote:

Worked perfectly!  I wonder why HP Update didn't catch this.

What worked perfectly?  In the upper right of the reply area is a grey box that says quote. If you press it then people will know what you're replying to and what worked for you. As for HP, it was a change to Windows 10 that caused the incompatibility issue. Even if the manufacturers did, which I doubt, get a first look at major updates I doubt they'd be testing it against hundreds of different models and configurations for issues. They wait until there's enough complaints to warrant a look into fixing things.

HP Recommended

I followed these steps and they fixed my computer for a short time. However, the same error message is showing up again and I'm unable to access important websites like my school email, and blackboard. Why is it only school related websites that I'm unable to access? Also, it's finals week. So I'm extra frustrated and stressed.

HP Recommended

I also installed HP3d Drive Guard version 6.0.45.1 by assistance from HP support and it helped. Unfortunately the driver was not yet available from the download place for my PC (Pavilion 17-ab005no) so you need to contact support if you have warranty. The file name of the update is SP83846. Good luck!

A reason for the problems with this driver might be that it hooks into the disk driver of Windows to be able to catch control and park the head. So whenever Microsoft decides to make changes in their driver there is a need for update of the HP Drive Guard.

HP Recommended

@Jooooosie wrote:

I followed these steps and they fixed my computer for a short time. However, the same error message is showing up again and I'm unable to access important websites like my school email, and blackboard. Why is it only school related websites that I'm unable to access? Also, it's finals week. So I'm extra frustrated and stressed.

I honestly know of nothing that would cause a PC to stop reaching specific web pages being caused by uninstalling and/or installing versions of HP's DriveGuard software. You said it's finals week, right? Your school's computers may just be overloaded with other students trying to also reach the site at the same time. Have you called the school and checked to see if their server is under heavy load? I sincerely doubt the two issues are related.

HP Recommended

@Jooooosie wrote:

I honestly know of nothing that would cause a PC to stop reaching specific web pages being caused by uninstalling and/or installing versions of HP's DriveGuard software. You said it's finals week, right? Your school's computers may just be overloaded with other students trying to also reach the site at the same time. Have you called the school and checked to see if their server is under heavy load? I sincerely doubt the two issues are related.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.