Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@L16 wrote:

Windows 10 rejected my accelerometer as incompatible, so I followed your suggestion and disinstalled HP 3D DriveGuard  and then downloaded and installed the new HP 3D DriveGuard.  It all went ok in disinstalling and new installing and the little incompatible window does not come up anymore.  But when I went in to check to see the new installation in my programs, I could not find any HP 3D DriveGuard installed.  Is it under another name?  I definitely did install a program from the link you gave me.  

Thanks for your help.

Lucy Bender  L16

I had the same problem. Go to your hard drive>SWSetup>SP81142. Open the "setup" application to launch the install wizard. After that HP 3D DriveGuard should be showing in your installed applications.

Edit: Not sure why my image isn't displaying. I tried uploading it directly and posting an imgur link and the image appears when I preview the post. However, the image is a broken link after I actually post this message.

SfaGkbT

HP Recommended

Well I did eventually find old HP 3D Guard and removed it.  Installed your .exe file and all is well in W10's HP Land again.

Many Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you. as soon as l enlarged your photo and saw SP81142, l was able to complete the download.

HP Recommended

Finally found HP 3D Guard, uninstalled, ran your .exe file and updated version of HP 3D Guard properly installed and Warning from MS has disappeared.

Many thanks again.

Nervous Nellie:heart:

HP Recommended

It worked for me. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I had the same symptoms... then I found a different thread in this forum on this topic (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Accelerometer-drivers-for-windo...),

it pointed to http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe which worked for me - i.e. no hangup in the cmd window, and the new HP 3D DriveGuard showed up in the Apps list.

HP Recommended

Work for me!

Thank you!!

HP Recommended

I have tried the recommended steps to correct the HP Accelerometer issue after installing Windows 10 upgrade.  However, when I go to uninstall the HP 3DDriveGuard it get a message that a program has not finished installing, so it won't let me do the uninstall.  What should I do?  I don't have any idea what could be installing and preventing the uninstall.  

HP Recommended

I have tried the recommended steps to correct the HP Accelerometer issue after installing Windows 10 upgrade.  However, when I go to uninstall the HP 3DDriveGuard it get a message that a program has not finished installing, so it won't let me do the uninstall.  What should I do?  I don't have any idea what could be installing and preventing the uninstall.  

HP Recommended
Have you tried a restart?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.