Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is working for me too.

sp83846 looks like the correct solution.

HP Recommended

I have the "protection enabled" icon as well in windows mobility center.

Guess that means it's working properly 🙂

I do agree it should be sorted with a working update. The workaround seems to work but still 2 hard for some people.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to confirm that the latest 3D Driveguard 6.0.45.1 solved the issue on my HP Pavillion x360 Convertaible. Thanks to everyones efforts and advise.

HP Recommended

Following an update to windows 10 home vers1703 I have received the following error message: VCRuntime140.dll missing, this seemed to change to accelerometer error and I followed that up with HP online which indicated that I needed to delete and reinstall HP3D DriveGuard. I unstalled it but locate the program to reinstall it. Please Help

len-b

HP Recommended

thanks DP-K had this problem and tried a few suggestions here and elsewhere without  success untill I followed your advice.... Pop up gone , problem resolved. thank you.

merry Christmas

Len-B

HP Recommended
My laptop cursor doesn't show and tuchpad or keyboard doesn't work.

How do download and install "Updater driver software"???!!!
HP Recommended

It didn't solve the Error.

HP Recommended

@arminus75

Which one did you try? This post is 5 pages long and several versions posted.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi,

I get still the same error  "HP accelerometer doesn't work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available." even after updating to the latest version here http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81885.exe.

What should I do now?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I  tracked down the SP file for this problem a few days ago and it was corrupt

I notified HP of the corrupt file and to date they have not corrected the problem

It seems HP moves very slowly

@SLASH_ wrote:

Hi,

After updating windows 10 today and restarting I get the following error:

HP Accelerometer

This App can't run on this PC

HP accelerometer doesn't work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available.

Could someone please help me out?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.