Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Chromebook 14 Model: 14-q010nr

My Chromebook gets vey hot on the left top side of the bezel around screen and back of lid..Hot enough you can't touch it.

The heat starts at the top left corner and radiates all the way down to the keyboard. The right side is cool.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If it is getting that hot I would contact HP Support for warranty service:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=6657691

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

It's only 3 days old...Going to take it back to Office Depot tomorrow and see if I can exchange it for a new one.

HP Recommended

They will most likely exchange it. Good luck!

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

They exchanged it..Hope this one doesnt mess up...Love my Chromebook

The nerd in me still wants to know what caused it..Took everything I had not to crack it open and investigate.

HP Recommended

Just suffered the same problem, very dangerous situation.  The shielded wire bundle on the left side of the screen goes to the video camera assembly.  The bundle was pinched during assembly eventually causing a short.  The plastic was already starting to melt.  I was not able to salvage the wire and was forced to cut it off below the burned area and no longer have use of the video camera.

HP Recommended

@dennis22151

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.