Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-an025au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This issue appears when I try to make a recovery tool on a USB. the USB is a 1T USB type 3.

It appears after all the downloading of the recovery and then persist to show this message

"The recovery media creation attempt has failed"

it provides a Serial number and error code:

Serial number: Y8J99PA#ABG

Error code:0xC00405

it does download and when I proceed to check the USB in file explorer it shows files

but this error disallows me to fix the laptop and create the recovery tool.

I desperately need this to be fixed ASAP, I need this laptop for UNI.

Than you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

the USB is a 1T USB type 3.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

• Make sure you have a blank USB drive with a minimum of 32 GB.
  • Make sure your computer has a minimum of 20 GB free disk space on the Windows partition.

try a smaller usb stick of recommended size

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @MFledg00 

If you can't get the cloud recovery tool to work, your other option would be to use the W10 media creation tool to create bootable installation media from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Notebook - 14-an025au Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Since your notebook only has a 64 GB eMMC drive, I recommend when you get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.

Click Next, and W10 will install.

That way you will have the maximum amount of usable space on such a small drive.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Paul_Tikkanen 
I was waiting for the answer from @MFledg00  , before proposing this solution if indeed it cannot work

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.