Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Ma'am

My exeternal hard disk is not opening , it crashes my file explorer i know nothing about this pls help me , My dads all school files are in that and when i took a backup of my laptop I reseted it and now i need those file back i am not able to access them pls help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tanmay221 

How did you copy the files you saved to the external drive?  Did you simply use File Manager? Or did you use some backup utility and if so, which one?

Next time you connect the drive, do the following:

1) Type create and format into the Search area

2) Select the option being offered

3) This should open the Disk Management window

4) Scroll down the window until you see the external drive

5) Tell us what it says, in detail, on the line for the drive

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I just copy paste all files which were important and when i was doing it my brother like he moved the laptop screen and it got to sleep mode this happend. Can it be recovered pls tell.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.