Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-11-2023 10:48 AM
I've been trying to purchase an extended warranty for my laptop through HP and I'm finding that the money was quickly taken, but I haven't heard anything else on the packet. I tried using the contact function and found that it just goes in a circle. Now, I will allow for operator error, but I was really hoping to make contact with a person, or even a machine, I guess. With this kind of experience with "support" it would seem it doesn't matter who we purchase our product through, because they all promise a whole bunch, but it's much less than what is actually delivered. Oh well....
02-11-2023 11:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
If I understand the question / comments ---
1) It sounds like you managed to purchase a Care Pack contract - presumably from Care Pack Central or from the HP Store.
Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?
Help and Contact Information
- I do not know whether you can actually get through to support without the Care Pack number / confirmation for the purchase.
- The website does provide a phone contact for the USA region.
- Generally, services of this type are open during regular business days / hours.
- If you call >> the answering service menu can perhaps direct you.
2) Having purchased the contract >> Perhaps you have an immediate need of the Service to submit a case to HP Support.
If you have need of the service, that is, you need to submit a case for Warranty Repair under the Care Pack --
If you are unable to submit your case to HP Support --
Let us know -- we can forward a request for Review.
3) Perhaps - instead of a Care Pack -- you have purchased a SmartFriend contact.
From what I have read, there is a "lead time" between when you purchase the contract to when you receive your email confirmation and contact information. How long? No idea -- I'd guess 24 hours??
References / Resources
Care Pack - Optional Coverage Plans
Select your region and language
NOTE: HP will be retiring Care Pack Central 1.0 in early 2023. Care Pack Central 2.0 will be your new way to find the right Care Pack: simpler and easier! For early access, go to CPC 2.0
Be sure to check the Quick links at the CPC site.
Click the Flag at the bottom to change regions
HP Device Home Page - References and Resources
Learn about your Device - Solve Problems
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community --
People who own, use, and support HP devices.
Click Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community