01-20-2020 01:41 PM
I have an Hp laptop where the microphone doesn't work. It doesn't work when I try to record on the camera app included with the computer. I had brought it to Geek Squad at Best buy. The Geek Squad sent it out to the service center where they had replaced the entire board (Mic included.). The mic still did not work. The Geek Squad had told me that it was the latest update to the computer that had caused the mic to be scratchy during recordings. So they pushed back the update, but now the finger print scanner doesn't work. Geek Squad told me that HP needs to come out with an update to fix this issue, and that this issue has been happening with this particular model. (Model: 3VU70UA HP ENVY X360)
Is there any other fix or update of when HP is going to come out with this fix?
01-22-2020 05:48 PM
@Kohmaa Greetings from the HP Community!
I have a few steps to help you out:
The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.
Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.
The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:
- Open Settings from your start menu.
- Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
- Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
- Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
- Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.
If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.
- Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
- Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
- Left-click on your recording device.
- In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
- delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee