Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP probook 470 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to turn off the power button backlight indicator?

Meaby someone have idea update for bios, please answer HP support.

The blinking flashing eyes in night.

Power button blinking indicatorPower button blinking indicator

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@010101010101010

You want to switch off the power light when the computer is "on", yes?

If you have not already found a means of doing so in the BIOS (personally I've not heard of this), then (my suggestion):

Stick a piece of tape over the light.   Super easy.

How to Dim the Blinding Glare of Your Gadgets’ LED Lights

Like fancy?  The How-to article mentions this product (I actually purchased this years ago):  LightDims

Looks like Amazon still sells these.  Cute and they work.  Two types:  Black Out and Original (shows "a bit" of light).

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Sorry, but Your ansver is not satisfacted me.

If somputer go to standby state, the indicator blinking button can symulate shadow blinking,

How to off the power button indicator the same like blinking for keyboard works ?

HP Recommended

@010101010101010

Perhaps another Expert or community member can answer the question to your satisfaction.

If I have any additional input, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

ok thank you,

I have to wait for the correct answer.

If anyone knows how to disable this highlighting of the power button.

HP Recommended

HEllo

as far as I know you can't avoid the see tha flashing button light when the computer enter in stand-by mode.

You have these choises:

• enter Hybernate state instead of stand-by state. The light will be off
  • shutdown the computer . The light will be off
  • close the lid , so you will not see the flashing light
  • put a small object on topo of the button, so the light will flash but  you will not see it

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.