Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C5280
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I uninstalled Internet Explore & Adobe Flash Player, now when I open HP Solution Center - this pops up....

002.jpg

I re-installed flash but this still pops up ! Any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gregwasherealso 

Flash Player won't be available soon

https://www.rcreative.marketing/tech-talks/flash-dead/

HP probably is working on it, at the means time, please use other Browser such as Firefox (not Chrome nor Internet Explorer).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@gregwasherealso 

Flash Player won't be available soon

https://www.rcreative.marketing/tech-talks/flash-dead/

HP probably is working on it, at the means time, please use other Browser such as Firefox (not Chrome nor Internet Explorer).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@ Gregwasherealso,

First of all for flash player there is so many varieties for your browsers. 

For your internet explorer you can download flash player type is active x  current version is 32.0.0.465.

For opera browser you need download flash player type is ppapi  current version is same as above.

For firefox browser you need to download flash player type is npapi current version is same as above. 

Before you download you decide which one is requested by your browser. Better you download and keep the additional copy of Adobe flash player for further any need. 

HP Recommended

It doesn't work on IE, Firefox or IE. I removed Adobe Flash Player last week as Adobe recommended. What should I use instead of Adobe Flash Player  to get HP Solution Center or HP Support Assistant to work?  I am on Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Solved?? I don't find any solution...  Nowhere is help for this problem. I think HP should make simply new program for printers that would work without flash. They knew this was coming and still nothing to help HP users.

HP Recommended

If you haven't uninstalled Flash yet, this will work: 

Change the system date to 11-01-2020;

now run Solution Center;

change the date back to your current date after you are done.

Works for me on Win 7 x64 with an HP F380 Deskjet all-in-one

I found this solution in a post from someone else.

HP Recommended

PS:  perhaps you have a system restore point or system image you saved before uninstalling Abobe Flash?  Sometimes Windows will create one automatically for some install/uninstall situations.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.