Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17inch cd-1014an
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. My laptop will not run HP Hardware Diagnostics even as Administrator. The program is installed and shows the splash screen but the nothing happens.

2. Using HP Drivers and Software and Drivers I cannot get it to respond at at - I input my serial number and press Enter and then the spinner runs for ever.

What going on?

Regards, Tony

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gigaday 

Your machine should be Pavilion 17-cd1014an, its specs

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c06645010

1. What is the error message ?
  2. HP does not supply drivers/software webpages for EACH machine. You have to use Drivers/Software page for the whole series which is:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-17-cd1000-laptop-pc-series/32885...

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien

Thank you for getting back to me. My problem is exactly as I stated in my previous message.

In answer to the points you raise:

1. There is no error message.

Just as I said before: "1. My laptop will not run HP Hardware Diagnostics even as Administrator. The program is installed and shows the splash screen but the nothing happens."

2. I am not trying to access any drivers in particular, I just want my serial number to be recognised and it isn't responding to that.

Well, now I cannot access the UK HP web site at all. All the other web sites I have tried are working fine. It must be something wrong with HP's UK servers. I know that sounds silly but I can't see that it's anything else. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.

Regards.

Tony

HP Recommended

This morning I CAN access the Software and Drivers web page with my serial number.

But HpHwDiag still does not run even after right clicking the app and launching - there is only a splash screen that comes up. I waited for more than 4 minutes as recommended.

I have uninstalled the app, downloaded from the HP website and installed from new.

It still doesn't do anything except show the splash screen on launching.

Regards,  Tony

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.