Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n270nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm going to try to be serious this time. So while I was looking at the device manager, I see the standard ps/2 keyboard driver there, and when I click it, there's a driver related to HP, which there is ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_8001, ACPI\HPQ8001, and *HPQ8001. Is there any possible drivers and software for those, if there any?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to the device manager.

Click on the unknown ACPI\HPQ8001 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp66562.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, restart the PC.

I don't know why you got that error.

Here is the link to the driver information where it lists the supported operating systems, and W8.1 is one of them.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, there is a driver for that device...this one...

TITLE: HP Hotkey Support

VERSION: 5.0.27.1

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.exe

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file, which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted...

; For Win7 64-bit and above
[HP.NTamd64]
%DeviceDesc% = HpqKbFiltr.NTamd64, ACPI\HPQ8001

HP Recommended

I've tried running it, but it gives me an error saying that "This software is not supported on this system." Any help?

HP Recommended

Go to the device manager.

Click on the unknown ACPI\HPQ8001 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp66562.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, restart the PC.

I don't know why you got that error.

Here is the link to the driver information where it lists the supported operating systems, and W8.1 is one of them.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.html

HP Recommended

It installed without any errors. No errors or BSOD after restart. Thanks for helping me. 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.