Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am on this forum because I thought my Wireless Button Driver Version 1.1.5.1 update was successful, but I am still being notified about the update in the HP Support Assistant. When I download it, a pop-up says the file is already in the folder. I guess I should just delete the file from the Support Assistant so I won't be notified about it. Gandog56, what version do you have?

HP Recommended

I don't even know where to look to see what version is installed.

HP Recommended

Can you post a screenshot of the message you receive?

HP Recommended

I am a complete and total computer illiterateliterate. I have no idea how to do that. All I know is I go to device manager, click on HID devices, and under the HP wirless button driver it says version 2.1.3.1, and the HP Sopport assistant keeps saying I need to upgrade to version 1.1.5.1. And when I download the update and try to install it Windiws says a newer version is already installed.

HP Recommended

Thank you. By going through the steps you took, I noticed that I can go to HID devices, double-click on HP Wireless Button Driver, click on the Driver tab of HP Wireless Button Driver Properties, and click Update Driver. It will then upgrade the driver to version 2.1.4.1. I suggest that you do the same. I'm not sure why HP is notifiying us about version 1.1.5.1.

HP Recommended

that's sort of my whole point. Why is the HP Support System insisting I need to update to a prior version? I get tired of seeing the Support Assistant Icon at the bottom of my desktop always have an exclamation point through it, meaning I need to update something.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.