Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Revolve 810 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SOS - For the last couple weeks my "fn" + buttons have gone nutso.  My physical volume up key is turning on the narrator, my volume down key is taking a screenshot! (not cool).

fn + f11 will still turn the keyboard backlight on, that's normal.

fn + f12 turns on airplane mode, not sure if that's normal.

When I try to increase brightness with fn +f10 I get this:

HP Hotkey UWP Service

Error : HP Software Framework is not installed in the System.

For manual installation please download and install the link - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/softpaq/CASLSetup.exe

NOTE: Restart system after installation.

If I follow that link (which I cannot copy and have to type out), the window opens a  pop up asking if I want to:

Open Pick an app? 

A website wants to open this application.  

My options are: Open pick an app?  or Cancel. 

Neither amount to anything.  I'm not about to pick an app (Chrome, Explorer or Edge are top 3, Look for an app at the Microsoft Store' is 4th option)

Seems a bit fishy.  An executable file!?

fn + F5 still mutes and unmutes

fn + f4 - no other video output so who knows

fn + f2 will 

Please help!  Did I do something to my hotkeys?  Is there  a driver issue?  I'm getting nowhere.  Would love to rule out a virus/security breach of any kind.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

try to install this softpaq https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103615.exe

HP Hotkey Support

it seems that they forgot to add this for Revolve 810 G3.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.