Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can somebody help me with the Drivers / Softwares which would enable me setup the SIM card on my EliteBook 840 G3  , running on Windows 8.1 -

I searched through but could not get any instructions for Windows 8.1 - HP connection Manager is not compatible with 8.1 - which would have enabled me to do the config.

Any help is really appreciated !!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you buy this option with your machine ? If yes, do you know what is the WWAN card on your machine ? It MUST have a WWAN card to be able to use SIM. SIM alone won't work. Please check Device Manager

(a) Go to Device Manager,

(b) Expand Network adapters

There are few items, one item must be one of

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module
    HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband Module

If yes again then which one ? If no, your machine does not have WWAN card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

If I had not a WWAN card on my elitebook g3 can I install it from hardware shop or not? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.