Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to get into the advanced BIOS settings so I can simply increase my dedicated VRAM from 128 MB to 1 GB. That is all. If you have any other method please let me know. I don't have a "gaming" laptop, but it should still be able to run games, the only problem is, it doesn't. It doesn't BECAUSE it cannot output enough VRAM.

Before you tell me "Oh it's restricted by HP because blah blah blah" if it can be restricted, it can be unrestricted. I know what I am doing, but HP for some reason thinks it ok to block their users from accessing advanced options like we are 5 years old. I have tried hitting ESC on restart, F10, then F9, then restarting it again, and nothing changes. I have tried spamming F10 on start then quickly pressing A (for advanced) and nothing changes. I have tried FN + TAB 3 times, and nothing changes.

I need to know how to access the BIOS advanced settings, if you're going to just tell me "it's restricted", or anything like that, please don't respond. Tell me how to either increase the VRAM on a integrated graphics card or tell me how to access advanced BIOS settings.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Pjarker123,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards. 

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.