Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-df0023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I get rid of hidden virus.

I suffered from a virus (it attacks .exe files by duplicating them and putting a g or v before the application ( gFIFA 19) and it remains hidden until it has totally corrupted the .exe file b4 it can be detected) which couldn't be detected by my Quick heal or McAfee antivirus and the best solution I got was from Malwarebytes which was able to detect the virus (virus.Renamer.VirRenam1) and quarantined and deleted or so I thought. Recently after installing Razer Cortex, I discovered the corrupted exe file is still present but it's hidden, and the virus can also be seen in if the folder is compressed. I hv tried using CMD to search for the virus but I can't still see it ( I hv used 3 antivirus softwares as described).

Pls how can I unhide this virus and delete it, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Grimjor44 

We're not AV experts and HP does not provide any AV products.

MBAM is one of the best antimalware products out there, so if it won't remove the Virus, I don't know what else to suggest.

You can try Google searches for this, a sometimes, folks post detailed instructions for removing specific infections.

If that fails, you would have no option other than to reformat your drive and reinstall Windows from scratch.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Not really the solution I wanted but thanks for your reply.

I hv checked online too but no good result, thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.