Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an Envy x360 laptop, running Windows 11. There is some sort of hidden/transparent window of sorts that seems to sit just above the taskbar, and I'm unable to click on or select via touchscreen anything in that section. The mouse cursor simply spins whenever I enter that space. Regardless if windows are open or not, the cursor always spins in this 1.5" x 1" section. How can I identify and get rid of whatever's there?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Gator_Girl -- hold-down the "ALT" key on your keyboard, and tap the "TAB" key, without releasing the "ALT" key, to show a list of "open" windows. Release the "ALT" key, and then close the app that was highlighted. 

Repeat the "ALT+TAB", until you have closed every app, except for the "invisible" one.

Now, what do you see?

HP Recommended

Thank you for commenting. I'm familiar with the Alt+tab selections, but nothing shows up. This "window" has been known to disappear after a reboot, but it can reappear without knowledge. I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the new OS... in that approximate space on the taskbar is a new feature (I think it was new task view option?). Since submitting this post, I removed it from my taskbar, and it seems to be stable. Fingers crossed. It hasn't re-appeared, so hoping it stays that way...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.