Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook, 17"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a hot key (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) which by default enables HP System Information. But this Hot key command conflicts with the same for Adobe Photoshop. How can I disable this Hot key for HP System Info?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@karmasha

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an  HP Pavilion Notebook and there's a hot key (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) which by default enables HP System Information. But this Hot key command conflicts with the same for Adobe Photoshop. I read that you would like to disable this Hot key for HP System Info. 

I did some research on this and came across an HP document. It states that additional software is required to change the behavior of keyboard keys in Windows. There are several free software apps for changing the behavior of keys; such as Sharpkeys, MapKeyboard, KeyTweak, Microsoft's Keyboard Layout Creator, and others. Search the Internet for the name of one of these software applications or "keyboard mapping software" to find and learn more.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@karmasha

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an  HP Pavilion Notebook and there's a hot key (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) which by default enables HP System Information. But this Hot key command conflicts with the same for Adobe Photoshop. I read that you would like to disable this Hot key for HP System Info. 

I did some research on this and came across an HP document. It states that additional software is required to change the behavior of keyboard keys in Windows. There are several free software apps for changing the behavior of keys; such as Sharpkeys, MapKeyboard, KeyTweak, Microsoft's Keyboard Layout Creator, and others. Search the Internet for the name of one of these software applications or "keyboard mapping software" to find and learn more.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

HP Recommended
Thank you for your answer. Hope, that software that you mentioned helps me with my problem.
HP Recommended

Hi @karmasha, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and please do try the softwares in your free time and do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Using AutoRuns I disabled:
   HPMessageService HP Message Service HP Inc.

c:\program files (x86)\hp\hp system event\hpmsgsvc.exe

I no longer get the sys info when Ctrl-Alt-S is pressed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.