Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15 - da0206ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am using a 'HP Notebook - 15 - da0206ng' , which has 16 GB RAM . Please see the snipped picture below for the Graphics properties of the Notebook.  I wish to increase the Dedicated Video memory from 128 MB to about 1024 or 2048 MB. Can you please tell me the procedure to do so? 

Thanks and Regards.

.DVM.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately no. Laptops are not like a desktop where you can change out what you need.

Everything on those laptops come hard soldered to the motherboard from factory as is.

The only thing you could upgrade would be the ram or hard drive. Beyond that, upgrading a laptop would mean buying a different laptop with the specs you want.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Stay_Frosty 

There is no way to change the vram of the integrated Intel UHD graphics. The system is setup to auto allocate what is needed depending on what is being done at that moment. HPs have a very locked down bios also, so there is no setting you can change there.

Let me know if you have other questions.

HP Recommended

Hello @Photoray002

Thank You for the information. Would it be possible to upgrade the hardware in this laptop? For eg., upgrading the graphics card? 

Thanks and Regards.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately no. Laptops are not like a desktop where you can change out what you need.

Everything on those laptops come hard soldered to the motherboard from factory as is.

The only thing you could upgrade would be the ram or hard drive. Beyond that, upgrading a laptop would mean buying a different laptop with the specs you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.