Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-EK0013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Recently, I have been getting a notification every time my laptop starts up, saying "HP System Event Utility is required to enable full functionality", with the options "Install" and "Maybe Later". Everything is still working as far as I can tell, but I would like to get rid of this notification.

Every time I click the "Install" option, the Windows Store process starts up, but is stuck on the loading circle indefinitely.

I have downloaded and run the HP Omen Command Center SDK from the support page, but that had no effect.

How can I install the HP System Event Utility, or if there is no way, how can I disable this notification?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nevermind, the problem resolved itself. Though I made this post after several unsuccessful attempts at installing the software, I tried one more time after posting, and the Windows Store page loaded, and I was unable to install.

I think this was a problem with the Windows Store, rather than the HP software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.