Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-ca1001nn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

First of all, contacting a real person from HP is more difficult than calling Donald Trump. They seem to hate support questions, and that will play a very important role when I decide to get a new laptop.

Anyway, I would like to reverse my ELAN touchpad vertical scroll, it's totally counter intuitive, as it's opposite from how a mouse scroll works. I have to move my fingers downwards to move the page downwards, and vice versa, as opposed to how a mouse works.

There are not options in the settings to do that, please help.

Thanks,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @chris_bannu

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the reverse scrolling. 

Let's try these steps -

Method#1 From Settings -

1) Open Settings.
2) Click on Devices.
3) Click on Touchpad.

4) Under the "Scroll and zoom" section, use the drop-down menu to select the Down motion scrolls down option.

Method#2 From Registry - 

Step 1 Identifying mouse information -

1) Open Start.
2) Search for Device Manager, click the top result to open the experience.
3) Expand the Mice and other pointing devices branch.
4) Right-click the mouse that you're using, and select the Properties option.

5) Click on the Details tab.
6) Use the "Property" drop-down menu and choose the Device instance path option.
7) Note the VID ID value for the mouse — for example, VID_0E0F&PID_0003&MI_01.

Step 2 Reversing mouse scrolling direction - 

1) Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
2) Type regedit, and click OK to open the Registry.
3) Browse the following path:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID

On Windows 10, you can now copy and paste the path in the Registry's address bar to quickly jump to the key destination.

4) Expand the key (folder) that matches the VID ID of your mouse — for example, VID_0E0F&PID_0003&MI_01.

5) Expand the available key.
6) Select the Device Parameters key.
7) Double-click the FlipFlopWheel DWORD and set the value from 0 to 1.

8.) Click OK.
9) Restart your computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.