Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-EC0005NT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to control my CPU's max clock speed..

I don't want it to max on 3.6 GHZ when i'm rendering because it's getting 90-95 degrees + fan speed becomes too high + i can't do any other thing on the computer

Thanks in advance

Specs :

Ryzen 5 3550H

8GB RAM

256GB SSD

GTX 1050

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pavilion15user The only way to tweak how the processor works, is by following the below steps, there are no other ways recommended or supported by HP of getting it done:

If you have selected maximum battery life while your computer is unplugged, the processor power runs at a slower speed than as if it were plugged in. To control the processor adjustment through Power Options in the Control Panel, follow the steps below.

1. Click Start, enter power in the search field and then select Power Options from the list.

Alternately, right-click the power icon in the system tray beside the clock and select Power Options.

2. After the Power Options window appears, there are three plans from which you can choose:

• HP Recommended

Provides a balance between power conservation and performance.

• Power saver

Use Power saver mode when a wall outlet for DC power is unavailable.

• High performance

Use High performance mode for the best processor responsiveness while plugged into a wall outlet (AC power).

To customize any of these power plans, click Change plan settings.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.