Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

this is not the image that i am showing you
but the ssd seems to be installed, right?
I don't understand what you want to do, if you have this image, it means windows is installed, right?
if your software does not detect the SSD, try without another one
it can't detect an ahci ssd if it's an nvme ssd, am i missing something here?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The issue here is that there is no option to enable ACHI in my bios and every guide to fix the issue requires me to enable ACHI in the bios but it is not there. I need to enable it for Samsung Magician to detect the drive. Windows itself detects the drive fine but not Samsung Magician.

HP Recommended

sorry, read everything I wrote carefully, I can't do anything more for you
unless you forgot something
you can't have ahci in this bios i think
You obviously don't answer everything I ask

[edit]

I think I understood your problem a little better, after research
but if no option in the bios, I don't see what is possible
there is no raid option, a user mentioned this in the dell community?

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/samsung-840-evo-250gb-ssd-ahci-deactivated-help-ple...

you are not the only one with this problem, see with samsung maybe

samsung magician is the utility to control the ssd, right?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello again, I only just saw you edited your reply. Yes, the program I’m trying to use is Samsung magician which controls the SSD and it is failing to detect my SSD properly. It appears in Samsung magician but it says it’s not compatible even though it is marketed as compatible.

HP Recommended

Yes, I more or less understood the problem afterwards.
But I advise you rather to consult the help at the manufacturer of the SSD
Maybe since a new version can help..

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I’ll do that. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

😏

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.