Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I exclude HP Quick Drop from CCleaner Professional?

I recently started using CCleaner Professional to keep my brandnew HP laptop clean. Unfortunately, everytime I run CCleaner it unpairs my smartphone and laptop in my HP Quick Drop app. CCleaner does have an option to exclude files, directories or registry keys. However, as HP Quick Drop is a Windows app and not an executable program, it was installed inside the hidden and highly inaccessible directory called C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.

I had to do some command prompt trickery to gain ownership on the WindowsApps directory, to see where HP Quick Drop was installed and exclude this directory in CCleaner. Unfortunately that did not work, Are there any other files HP Quick Drop uses that I should try and exclude?

Does anyone know how to exclude HP Quick Drop or its pairing info from CCleaner Professional?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.