Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7 6051ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The fingerprintreader has stopped working. I can find the option to set this up but instal is greyed out as no driver available. Cannot find one on any support forum? Anyone else with this problem and sorted it please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Aug 11. I have been running Windows 10 updates each day since upgrading and today after a reboot the finger print reader started working? and remembered my print as well. I guess Microsoft dropped in a fix for this (which works for me) so maybe something to try?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hiya,

I have the exact same problem on my laptop.

HP Recommended

I have same issue...noticed there was an update available...but that update totally broke it. Just get flashing sceen now, so cannot even logon regular way to laptop...ie without fingerprint reader....off to safe mode to disable...what a pain.

HP Recommended
thanks and sorry your messed up with that driver so the resolution is wait 6 months before trying again.. my start-up is so slow that needs sorting first cheers
HP Recommended
Don't try to fix it yet seems there is a driver but installing it causes your laptop major problems ...see thread below
HP Recommended
Aug 11. I have been running Windows 10 updates each day since upgrading and today after a reboot the finger print reader started working? and remembered my print as well. I guess Microsoft dropped in a fix for this (which works for me) so maybe something to try?
HP Recommended

Which Win10 update finally enabled your fingerprint reader.

I've had to do a reset and updates are current but still not working.

HP Recommended

Still does not work on windows 10 updated 9-8-16 on my HP Pavilion dv7-4190

anyone know how to fix?

HP Recommended

My dv7-6b55dx with Validity fingerprint sensor is up to date A/O 9-9-16 on Win10 and ran hardware troubleshooter.

Still doesn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.