Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't find how to manually run updates in the new support assistant 9.5x version.  Is it possible?  I can't believe HP would be dumb enough to take this feature away and force you to rely on a weekly auto check.  Is it possible to manually run updates for my hp laptop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LeeSten 

How do you get version 9.5 ? Mine is

hpsa ver.png

I think that is your choice. I ONLY run HPSA when I want to. I run Windows update every second week and only run HPSA  probably once a month.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien 

Yeah, weird thing.

The other day I pulled HPSA (and framework) out of the system and did an install the latest download of HPSA.

Running the current HPSA executable apparently installs whatever is appropriate for the particular system. 

In other words...

Installing HPSA V9.5.192.0 installation package onto Raven (workstation) results in the same HPSA 8.x version you have on your system.  Have not yet tried removing all personal data; I kind of like my setup and didn't want to redo it.  Smiling.

@LeeSten 

Life Without HPSA

You can certainly download-save-install your drivers manually.  Lots of people in the world do it this way.

Help / How-to:  HP PCs - Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers

Section: Find driver updates on the HP website

Life with HPSA in "Notify Mode"

Open HP Support Assistant

Open Settings

Adjust to have the software notify you when updates are ready but to let you install them at your own choice / time.

After the edits are complete, Save your settings.

Nice touch: 

Restart the computer and log in.

After all these years, Windows still loves a Restart.

Once the setting is in place, you can open the software at your leisure, Check for Updates and peruse the list before you decide to install one or more of the available updates.

Example

HPSA_Settings_V8.X_1AHPSA_Settings_V8.X_1A

Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen

Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"

Click open category HP Help and Support

Right-Click on HP Support Assistant PIN to Start

Reminder - Do not use the HP Support Assistant to update the BIOS

How to install BIOS Updates:

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Help and Troubleshooting for HPSA

Read and Learn about the HPSA software

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant - Windows 8.x and Windows 10

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

After a few reboots, mine popped up with an "Updates" section in the bottom middle section which allows me to run updates manually.  

HP Recommended

@LeeSten 

Well, there you go.

Manual Updates do provide you the control to decide when - and which - updates to install.

Excellent.

Happy Computing.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.