Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how do i use the card reader in hp lap top

HP Recommended

With Windows XP, all I had to do was insert the sd card with my photos and the wizard with my HP printer would pop up with a list of choices of what to do with my photos (e.g., present as a slide show). Now, with Windows 8 and an HP tower, inserting the sd card gives me zilch.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but I'm still muddling. My computer says it supports 7 different types of memory card, and I would assume that would include Secure Digital, since it doesn't say which 7 it supports. Trying to download a driver failed.  The help attempts are circular and I always end up back where I started. The bottom line: Inserting the SD card results in...nothing---no pictures, no message, no nuthin'.

HP Recommended

@chrfm wrote:

it wont click

I just purchased a new computer. I put my memory card into the slot and it would not click, but I did hear a musical sound letting me know that it did read my card. I asked the Geer guy at Best Buy and he tried a memory card in the store. I do not think he was sure if it was suppose to click in like the older PC's.

I called micro soft and the agent asked his mentor, he said this newer computer does not click in. You have to manually pull the card out of the slot. I did get a message after the Geer guy tried his card in the cardreader slot, it read that the reader was not functioning properly.

Then I tried it again now it seems ok. I am not sure if I should return this new computer or not. I only have 15 days to return it. I already set the whole thing up with apps, I may not be able to reload all my stuff again.  I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to check the floor model to see if the card clicks in or not.

I had to order my computer so I do not have much time to decide if I am going to return it or not.

HP Recommended

Did you just purchase your computer? I bought mine a few days ago. I called mircosoft they said the  new card readers do not click in. I am going to Best Buy to try out the floor model tomorrow because I am running out of time to return this computer.

HP Recommended

What about Windows 10, my card reader will not click in. I just purchased a new PC, it is a HP a few days ago. Microsoft said the new card readers do not click in?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.