Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2014 08:33 PM
Just bought my HP pavilion netbook 11 inches, 6 months ago and it has a problem to the touch screen monitor, it keeps on clicking on the left side portion of the screen and its very irritating. Please help me how to disable the touch screen function of this.
02-28-2014 08:41 PM
In general, please try:
- Press the Windows logo key + X.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
- Click the touch screen driver,
- Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
- Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
11-23-2015 08:16 AM
I have a single, repetitive flash at times on my screen that is making it difficult to use my HP Pavilion laptop, as it activates things accidentally. My screen perceives a touch in this one spot chronically. Can this be fixed?
If not, can you help me learn how to disable the touchscreen. I read your advice. However, under my Human Interface Devices, none says Touchscreen. Five say "HID compliant device", one says "HP Wireless Button driver", and one says "USB Input Device".