Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0018TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I set the battery charging threshold on my Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0018TU?

Running Win 10 v1903 (OS 18362.239)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@IanN1,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

I did a bit of research and found that there is no option to set a threshold to stop the battery from charging.

Nowadays, the charge automatically stops when the battery charges to full 100% and come into action only once the charger is disconnected. Therefore, there is no harm if the battery charges till 100%.

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

I do not think that there is a software build by HP to control the battery charge levels. However, I did some research to see if there is any such option in Windows And here is what I found:

• Go to Control Panel>> Hardware and sound>> Power Options.
  • Next to the selected power plan, click on "change plan settings."

• Click on "Change advanced power settings."

You will see the below screen.

There are options to select when the battery level is low, etc. 

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.