Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion G7-1251er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated the BIOS to the last F.66 . Now I want to create a usb-flash repair bios repair for Win + B. During the installation of sp60864, ​​there are no suggestions in the program for saving or creating recovery usb. Although the HP instructions such option should be. But in this BIOS assembly it is not there, only installation, reinstallation. How to create recovery usb bios?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tryshop,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to perform a Bios recovery on your PC.

For more details, please refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Follow the step 2: Create a USB recovery drive

Install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website using a USB flash drive. To complete this step, you need a second working computer with an active Internet connection.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@tryshop,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to perform a Bios recovery on your PC.

For more details, please refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Follow the step 2: Create a USB recovery drive

Install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website using a USB flash drive. To complete this step, you need a second working computer with an active Internet connection.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I load the correct bios sp60864.exe .After unpacking and running, the program starts InsydeFlash v 4.1.1.0 .
But bios assemblies do not contain utilities for creating recovery USB-disk bios.
Only BIOS update, and the program does not start on any other computer.No SM module for bios recovery file and SIG file.no SM module.jpg
HP Recommended
On the laptop, the Win + B function works and the laptop waits for the BIOS BIOS flash drive and the signature to it.
HP Recommended

i download "USB 4in1 flash drive" but i can not see bios for system board id 1672 . 

HP Recommended

@tryshop,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team to further diagnose the issue. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

That said Take care and have a great day.

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you try to change the BIOS file using the phoenixtool 2.73 utility, then the BIOS file is also normally generated, but the installation does not pass any check for file changes. The information needed is how to properly fit the modified BIOS. need to change wi-fi adapter to modern.

HP Recommended

@tryshop,

As suggested previously, I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.