mommar21
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to delete read only file and change read only option on my laptop

HP Recommended
HP Chromebook Model - 14-db0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello. I am having difficulty in removing items from 'read only' option in my files list. I have tried many sites to try to find how to delete read only files, and many of them say to click on 'options' that I do not have. You will see from my options list attached, delete is not accessible. Can you help as each time I need to save an item it automatically goes into the read file list.

I now have a load of files that I want to delete from in there.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 12.29.29.png

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,269
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mommar21 

You Chromebook most likely uses Chrome OS, which is similar to Android -- and unlike with Windows, there is no "root" or "admin" access you can acquire that will allow you to do stuff like this.

You could try checking Google Chromebook forums about this, but I suspect you will get much the same response.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation