Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectrex360 13-4102ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

since a couple of months my spectre360 notebook freezes randomly and I can't figure out the reason for it. The laptop was bought 2015.

The laptop screen freezes, so monitor stays on, if audio was playing there is a humming sound. The freezes can appear anytime and happen around from 1 a week to couple times a day. The laptop does not shut down and has to be shutdown manually. After shutting it down and turning it back on it is fine again until the next random freeze

Things I looked into so far:

* Inspecting and cleaning all hardware parts + applying new thermal paste

* Installing fresh windows

* updating drivers

* changing some weird power settings

How can I find the resason for these freezes? I tried looking into reports in the Windows event manager, but couldn't find anything, right before the freezes, but maybe i don't know how to look at it correctly. Is there some diagnostics that I can use?

I also am seeing system interruption in the task manager as a process pretty often, but couldn't resolve it

Any help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

@represent 

We're not HP Tech Support and we have no way to access or diagnose your PC from here.  So, we have no way of solving this issue for you.

Random problems are extremely difficult, if not impossible to fix -- because the problem has to be evident when you run the diagnostics to detect it -- and since you run those from a clean boot and Windows is not running, anything in Windows causing that, like driver issues, is not going to be detected.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.