Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Bluetooth Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible? The mouse is very nice. I like the design but the scrolling is killing me. I often use it and when i want to scroll fast through some pages of a document or a website it suddenly races to end of it. It is really annoyiing and it makes the mouse almost unusable.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ma_ko, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you would like to know how to disable hyper scrolling on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Have you tried checking with a different mouse does the issue persist?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Click on the scroll button once and check if the hyper scroll is disabled.

If not, try the steps recommended below.

Click the Start Menu by clicking the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Next, click on Settings to open the app. When the Settings app shows up, click on Devices.

Select Mouse & touchpad from the menu on the left to open up the mouse configuration screen.

You should see a slider. You can use it to set how many lines the scroll wheel should skip at a time for every scrolls. Simply hold and drag the slider to the number you want.

By default, the value of the slider is already set at “3”. If required, you can fine tune it to respond at any sensitivity between 1 – 100. If you want to enter a value of your choice for your scroll wheel’s sensitivity open up the link at the bottom of the page that reads “Additional mouse options”.

When the mouse dialogue pops up, choose the “Wheel” tab adjacent to the pointer options under Mouse Properties window.

enter the value for scroll wheel sensitivity you want. 

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @A4Apollo,

That suggestion, allows you to reduce or increase how many lines to scroll with a "soft" movement of the wheel, but there is no effect over the hyper scroll behavior described. It not only affects the current window, but if you move to another one, it starts scrolling as well. The biggest problem in my case is that if I press the Ctrl key while the the hyper scroll is doing its thing, it starts zooming in or out like crazy. In my case I am more than pleased using the scroll bar to move all the way down and up, or even pressing the scroll wheel, so disabling hyper scroll would be perfect for me, any idea about how to do that?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Paco_Enriquez,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please follow the below steps to disable mouse scroll option.

1. Go to Start Menu, Head to the Settings.
  2. Click on the “Devices” section
  3. Move to the “Mouse & Touchpad tab”
  4. Tap on the “On” button under “Scroll Inactive windows when I hover over them” Disable scroll wheel.

You can also enable or disable Mouse Scroll Wheel in Windows 10 using Registry. In case if you are unable to find the above options you can use Registry to disable the scroll wheel windows 10.

Here is how it is done.

1. In search box, type “Regedit” and hit Enter button
  2. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop
  3. On the right side look for “MouseWheelRouting”.  Open it

Note : If you can’t find mouse wheel routing in registry then you’ve to create one

4. Now change the default value “2” to “0” to turn off the scroll wheel

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done the following, which didn't eradicate the problem, but it made it better.

1. In search box, type “Regedit” and hit Enter button
  2. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop
  3. On the right side look for “MouseWheelRouting”.  Open it

Note : If you can’t find mouse wheel routing in registry then you’ve to create one

4. Now change the value “0” to “2”.
5. Fine tune the sensitivity in mouse options.

Hope it works for you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.