Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to ask you guys, how can I disable or set up my graphics card priority on my Probook 470 G2 because all games and Photoshop too are using the integrated Intel HD GPU and the performance is horrible. Photoshop sends an error message all the time if I open it. The games run with very low video settings and FPS is horrible. I can't enjoy neither the work and nor the games.

Thanks for replies and help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@supratist

In your BIOS I do not see a setting to disable the Intel graphics.

But  in Device Configuration I see you can adjust Video memory.

Video mem.JPG

Default is 32MB if that is what yours is set at try the 512MB setting.

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply!

I've tried this option alredy but unfortunatley doesn't work. This problem is exist since I updated Win 10. The drivers are up to date from the official HP support site. 

HP Recommended

Yesterday I checked on Linux Mint  how CS GO works on this platform and the result was much better. I don't know why because I didn't installed any driver for AMD just for Intel. 

Maybe is it possible Win 10 overwrites the installed drivers? 

Here are the pictures about the installed drivers. I think they were overwrited. 

Whats your opponion? 

Thanks!

* I remember, on Win 8.1 or Win 7 weren't recognized this problem. 

gpu.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.