Post new question
Question
How to disable Recovery Manager Hotkey combination i.e. Ctrl + Alt + R
Replies (12)

Top Student
Message 11 of 13 (236 Views)

Re: How to disable Recovery Manager Hotkey combination i.e. Ctrl + Alt + R

Disabling HP Message Service (kill the process in Task Manager, and also disable it in the Startup tab of the Task Manager) seems to have stopped this.  Idk if it was doing anything else useful, but I'm not noticing anything right away so my plan for now is to leave it off and return to enjoying my regularly scheduled ctrl-alt-R functionality.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 12 of 13 (135 Views)

[ Edited ]

I too am plagued by this nasty "hotkey" that cannot be stopped. I've tried deleting the windows shortcut hotkey (wasn't there anyway), and the above solution of stopping the HP service, but to no avail. I've tried to uninstall the HP recovery software, but it ignores my request, like a virus.

HP--please tell us how to get CTRL-ALT-R to stop launching your recover software. It's just plain rude.

Student
Message 13 of 13 (67 Views)

I figured it out! All i did was uninstall all the HP support things, and it went away. Never used them anyways and it stopped the hotkey from opening up in After Effects. Woo!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation