Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello forum,

Recently, my system started having a System Information pop-up window appear immediately after start-up. I've owned this new laptop since November 2019, and it didn't appear until this past week. It appears to be an HP software feature. I've checked the HP Support Assistant, and I don't see a configuration setting to enable or disable this feature.

I've attached a screen shot of the pop-up window below.

System Info Pop Up.jpg
Does anyone know how to enable or disable this feature?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this unwanted pop-up window on System Start by changing the HP System Info HSA Service - Startup Type from Automatic to Manual in Computer Management / Services and Applications / Services.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@golden79, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below to isolate and resolve the issue-

For troubleshooting purposes, use the following steps to prevent all software programs from automatically opening when Windows starts. This will increase usable memory and processor time.

1. Click the General tab.

2. Select Selective Startup, and deselect Load startup items.

Figure : Deselecting Load startup items

Deselecting Load startup items on the General tab
  3. Click the Services tab.

Select Hide all Microsoft services, so they will not be disabled, and then click Disable all to disable the remaining items on the services tab.

Figure : Services tab

Services tab
  4. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

If you find the problem no longer occurs after you prevent all software from loading, you can use the startup tab to try to find the exact software title that is causing the problem. Select all but one title from the startup tab and restart. Continue doing this, deselecting software and restarting each time, until the problem no longer occurs. When you determine which software is causing the issue, uninstall it or prevent it from loading when Windows opens.

5. When you have finished using the System Configuration tool, open it again and select Normal Startup and click OK.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this unwanted pop-up window on System Start by changing the HP System Info HSA Service - Startup Type from Automatic to Manual in Computer Management / Services and Applications / Services.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.