Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I Have HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz with 16 GB RAM, running on Windows 10 Home 64.

There is no "HP System Event" folder on my computer, nor the SysInfo.exe file, nowhere, I've searched all the discs... What can I do to stop this annoying pop-up HP app that jumps every time i press Alt+Ctr+S which I use everyday in Photoshop hundreds of times for saving images? Please if there is any other solution let me know, it's driving me CRAZY! Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi! @Softyare,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below to disable the HP system information window.

Option 1(delete HPSysInfo.exe):

Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Hotkey Support\HPSysInfo.exe"

Try ctrl+alt+s, a window will pop up asking if you want to remove "ctrl+alt+s" shortcut key, just click yes.

Option 2(avoid deleting HPSysInfo.exe):

7-Zip HPSysInfo.exe to a place of you choice, and delete the original HPSysInfo.exe

Try ctrl+alt+s, a window will pop up asking if you want to remove "ctrl+alt+s" shortcut key, just click yes.

Now you can either unzip HPSysInfo.exe and copy it back to its original directory or do nothing.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My ProductID is 4TV4OEA#BED

SN# [Personal Information Removed]

I don't have "HP Hotkey Support" subfolder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\" folder. There are only:

HP JumpStart Bridge, HP JumpStart Launch, HP Registration Service, HP Support Framework, HPAudioSwitch and Shared subfolders...

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S and System Information window pops up, i can go to file location through Windows Task Manager. It leads me to SysInfoEx.exe file in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.HPSystemEventUtility_1.0.39.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6\SystemEventUtility

but there I can't rename or delete files.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Softyare,

Thanks for the update.

Are you the administrator of the PC? 

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Folder

Click on the View tab in the explorer window.

Uncheck Hidden items from the list.

Now check if you are able to see the HP Hotkey Support If you are able to see follow the steps from my previous post.

If you still have issues try the steps recommended below.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event\SysInfo.exe

Then rename to file to something else or rename it to SysInfo2.exe

This should fix the issue.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, it doesn't help. I have "show hidden files and folders" checked by default in File Explorer, as well as system files. There is no HP Hotkey Support folder. 

There is also no "HP System Event" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\" folder. There are only "HP Ceement", "HP Support Framework" and "HP Support Solution" subfolders...

HP Recommended

Hi! @Softyare,

Thanks again for writing back to us.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Click Start search for control panel, open control panel.
Click on programs.
Select programs and features.
Select HP hotkey support from the list 
Right-click and left click to uninstall.
Restart the PC and check if the issue persists.

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope, there is no "HP hotkey support" on the list of programs and features. There are only "HP Audio Switch", "HP Connection Optimizer", "HP Documentation", "HP JumpStart Bridge" and "HP JumpStart Launch" on that list from HP Inc.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Softyare,

As the issue persists after trying out the steps.

As a workaroud, I would suggest remapping the keys using the Microsoft keyboard remapper.

You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Download the Microsoft keyboard remapper using this link. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the effort, but I have found the solution at the end. Although the HP System Information app was not on the list in ControlPanel/Programs&Features, I have found it on the list in Windows Start Menu, and there I right-clicked on it and it offered Uninstall option, which I did. 

Thanks again for your effort in trying to help me and If you care, you can send my critics to HP for making things so user unfriendly and complicated. I had similar problems with turning off my touchpad, which I finally did by messing with Registry Editor. I'm almost regretting for not choosing Asus or Acer laptop instead of my HP Pavilion.

Best regards,

Žarko Komljenović

HP Recommended

Hi! @Softyare,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Regards

A4Apollo

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.